Thursday, January 14, 2010

Guitar Hero, Rock Band, & Addictions...

I have a new addiction.  It seems along with my writing, I can't stop playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band.  Now, I only have the guitar for both games and, perhaps if I had more space in my apartment, I would have the drums and mic as well, but I don't.

Honestly, I can't decide which I like better.  For the record the versions of each that I have are:

RockBand: The Beatles



Guitar Hero: Aerosmith



Guitar Hero: World Tour



My all-time favorite would have to be RockBand: The Beatles, if, for nothing else, the sheer fact that it's The Beatles.  I mean, really.  Come on.  The background images are great - you really do feel like you're getting high with the John, Paul, Ringo and George.


Guitar Hero (both versions) are harder than RB... at least the Beatles version. I've only dabbled in RockBand 2, so I can't say for sure which is more difficult.  I will say that I have pretty much mastered RB on medium, I'm lucky if I can play a few songs of GH on medium without getting booed off the stage.  *sigh*


My husband has asked me why I have such an addiction (on top of making fun of me for even having the addiction considering that I am always yelling at him about his obsession with NCAA Football '07).  My response to him, "I need a healthy addiction, plus it gets my brain working on different things.  You know the whole hand-eye coordination stuff.  Oh and I used to play the flute and this reminds of me those good ol' days."  He looked at me as though I had three heads and walked away.  *shrug*


P.S.  if anyone is listening, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE a GH or RB version for U2.  Imagine rockin' out to With or Without You or even New Year's Day?  Yep, I'll be that in a heartbeat....


On that note... it's time for some GH... or RB... or GH.............


No comments:

Post a Comment