Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ho, Ho, Hoooo???

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

I have decided that the holidays are meant for kids and kids only. It has become increasingly harder to find good gifts for adults that will get appreciated (in other words, not get stuck in the back of a closet or re-gifted). I've gotten to a point myself that, when asked what I wanted for Christmas, I usually just say "Really, you don't have to, I have everything I need." They insist so then my next response is "fine, a gift card to Barnes & Noble." I haven't even decorated my apartment in about... hmmmm... since I moved out of my mom's place 8 years ago. I don't think I'm missing much.


That said... when I have kids I plan on keeping them in the dark for as long as possible. I will decorate my house, National Lampoon style if I have to, and there will be a Santa Claus, so what if he mysteriously looks like dad. There is still an innocence in believing in Santa Claus that I want my kids to maintain until they are about 15 years old. OK, OK, OK... 8 years old at least. I realized Santa was my mother when she took me shopping with her at Toys R Us. She had my sister take me to one part of the store while she went shopping in another (the Barbie & She-Ra section). We eventually bumped into each other, that's when I saw the cart of toys... all for me (i was spoiled). I even convinced my mom to buy me another She-ra doll (i forgot who it was now).

I'm not sure if I will have another post before the end of the year or before I go on vacation, so Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment