Monday, March 15, 2010

Things that make me HAPPY!

Apparently there are blog awards that go around and I was privileged enough to receive one from a special friend today.  



Greenie, author of Scribbles, Scruples & Stories, sent the Sweet Friends Blog award.  I am extremely honored.  Of course, there are rules with this, since this is an award that gets passed along.

RulesHere are the rules: Recipient must post their award on their blog mentioning the person that gave it to them. Then they must pass it on to 10 others & leave a comment on each of their blogs to let them know that they have won. You must also post 10 things that make you happy.

So, I don't follow ten blogs (well, I follow more through my fan fiction blog), but I'll list the ones that I do and hopefully you'll follow them as well.
Now for the ten things that make me happy.  I hate that can only list ten, but hey it's a start.






1) My husband - Even when we argue (which is rare), we can still laugh at ourselves and realize that we are arguing for the dumbest reasons.
2) My family - I wouldn't be here without them.
3) My nephew - He gets his own, because he's just adorable and funny and generally a wonderful child.  I hope my little ones turn out like him.
4) My friends - They know how to cheer me up when I'm down, or make me laugh harder when I'm already happy.
5) School - Way back in the day, I was the one that used to LOVE going to school.  Now that I am back in school, I realize that I still do.  Getting a 44/50 on my first Chemistry exam and a 90 on my Calculus exam helps also.
6) Sleep - Yes, sleep makes me happy.  It energizes me everyday, why could anyone be sad about it?
7) My writing - I never knew how therapeutic my writing could be until I started doing it.  Oh... and how addictive!
8) Music - It moves my soul, period, paragraph, the end.
9) The Sun - Well, this is fairly obvious.  The Sun is warm and inviting, not to mention it gives me a great tan.



10) Rain - Hear me out on this one... Rain is dreary, yes, but you can't deny the fact that on a rainy day you can stay in, curled into your favorite spot, with a good book or a good movie.  Sometimes it helps you catch up with things around the house or just makes you spend quality time with your family/friends/significant others.  Not to mention that rain means flowers!



So what makes you happy?

3 comments:

  1. Really good food shared by really good friends makes me happy, well and that you included me in this post! Loves ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good and uplifting blog post. For me? Reading! Reading a good book makes me happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete